POLIBLOG

POLLIWOG (Tadpole): the early stage of an animal that will eventually become a frog, hoping to be kissed by a princess, turning into a prince! POLIBLOG (Political Blog): the early stage of a center-right political blog that may eventually become a full blown blog of the center-right. Join in if you find any merit in the comments. If you are on the left and disagree, feel free to straighten me out! Who knows, with effort from all of us this blog may turn into a prince!

Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

Thursday, February 05, 2009

E.J.Dionne and Warped Logic!

Someone please explain the logic of the following paragraph from E.J.Dionnes column in WAPO today:


"Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona said of Obama's $500 refundable tax credit: "Calling a rebate to people who don't pay income taxes a tax cut doesn't make it a tax cut." Presumably Kyl doesn't consider the payroll taxes (or, for that matter, sales taxes) paid disproportionately by low- and middle-income Americans as taxes."


Huh? Why don't we just give everyone who pays no income taxes - the obvious intent of the refundable tax cut - a $50,000 "tax cut" to ease their pain!

And E.J.Dionne is considered an bright spot in the left's idealogues!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

I don't know much about Dionne, and don't have much regard for what many 'pundits' on either side of the aisle have to say!

In this case, it does seem that we should just call it what it is - a 'stimulus handout' or something. (I don't know any of the details here - I'm not sure how much money is involved or what percentage of the bill this represents).

I thought this post was actually quite good about getting to the bottom of the arguments over the stimulus plan, bypassing the theatrical politics.

http://economistsview.typepad.com/economistsview/2009/02/multipliers-and-the-role-of-government.html

10:02 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

WELFARE - under the table - would be the term I would use! They know the society would not vote for this, but they can clandestinely "buy" votes in this manner.

This is also what they are doing with the "porkapalooza" bill. Can't you see that?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I thought I was reading one of your analytical posts when I read the blog you recommended! Only kidding, but he does like to analyze!

I think he is absolutely correct. I disagree with him totally on our need for more government services.

I would like to see more self reliance, myself. That is the way our country grew!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home